Joomla, one of the world’s most popular Content Management Systems (CMS), announced its sponsorship from Google today.
Google’s sponsorship of Joomla will enable the Project to continue providing one of the most widely used Open Source CMS. Together, Joomla and Google have a shared interest in fostering a thriving web ecosystem.
Collaborating with open source content management systems and ecommerce platforms allows Google to learn from and support their communities for the betterment of the web as a whole.
Google and Joomla have defined a series of shared goals and a strategy to accomplish them.
- We aim to encourage site owner success, improve user experience, and build a stronger, more secure web.
- Google will provide content that covers the latest best practices, technologies, and tools that support these goals.
- Content will be offered through a variety of mediums, like webinars, blog posts and case studies, to accommodate a range of engagement preferences and to gather broad community feedback.
- Through the Open Source CMS Fund, Google also explores funding projects that work to improve performance tooling, privacy and security, and support new web platform capabilities.
Benefits for the Community
The Joomla Community of users and developers will benefit from this collaboration in the following ways:
- Increased resources and collaborative programming via channels you’re already tuned into, including newsletters, articles, whitepapers, talks.
- Ability to provide input on Google tools, products, and initiatives.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Through products and platforms like Search, Maps, Gmail, Android, Google Play, Chrome and YouTube, Google plays a meaningful role in the daily lives of billions of people and has become one of the most widely-known companies in the world. Google is a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS) used to build beautiful web sites and powerful online applications. A global volunteer community of developers has been building and improving Joomla since the first version was released in 2005. This immense effort has made Joomla easy to use, stable and very secure. Joomla is search engine and mobile friendly, multilingual, flexible and extensible. Offering unlimited design possibilities alongside industry leading security, Joomla also has thousands of third party extensions and templates allowing further customization to meet specific needs. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.