Joomla 3.9.24 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 3 security vulnerabilities and contains more than 35 bug fixes and improvements.
What’s in 3.9.24?
Joomla 3.9.24 includes 3 security vulnerability fixes and addresses several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
-  Low Severity – Low Impact – com_modules exposes module names (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.23) More information »
-  Low Severity – Moderate Impact – XSS in mod_breadcrumbs aria-label attribute (affecting Joomla! 3.9.0 through 3.9.23) More information »
-  Low Severity – Moderate Impact – XSS in com_tags image parameters (affecting Joomla! 3.1.0 through 3.9.23) More information »
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Continuing to improve PHP 8 support #31628 #31537 #31536 #30921
- Solved performance issue with zip archives containing zip files #31514
- Removes deprecate feature-policy and adds the new Permissions Policy #30819
- Update joomla/image dependency #31663
- Fixed regression SMTP Settings Test #31724
- Fixed regression to save empty passwords in global configuration #31672
Visit GitHub for the full list of bug fixes.
A Huge Thank You to Our Volunteers!
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the 3.9 releases!
Make the next Joomla release even better
Download the upcoming releases from the nightly build page (for testing purposes only – do not use on production sites).
Want an even easier option? Get yourself over to launch.joomla.org – where you can also test Joomla 4.0 with just one click – no testing environment needed, nothing to install or set up (at all).