Joomla 4 is just around the corner. It is going to have a major impact on the Joomla industry for sure. Just like every other Joomla user, we are excited about this update. We hope this is going to uplift Joomla as a CMS and take it to a new height.
While you all are thinking about when to update your site to the new Joomla 4 version, we are working tirelessly to make each of our products fully compatible with the latest version of Joomla. And, this is what we will talk about today.
As a Joomla user or a fan of JoomShaper, you know we have 45+ powerful extensions, 135+ rich Joomla templates, along with a couple of revolutionary Joomla tools (SP Page Builder and Helix Ultimate). Updating such a large pool of robust products is never an easy task. Thanks to our developers, we are making it happen quite smartly.
We are here to talk about our plans to address Joomla 4 and let you know the phase we are in now. So, let’s get started.
JoomShaper’s Plan for Joomla 4
You would be happy to know that we have already made some of our products Joomla 4 compatible even before it is officially released. We are planning on making all of our products Joomla 4 compatible as soon as possible.
Joomla 4 Compatible Joomla Products Of JoomShaper
We have made a good number of Joomla extensions compatible with Joomla 4. Here’s the list of the products we have made compatible so far.
- SP Page Builder
- SP Property
- SP Simple Portfolio
- SP LMS
- SP Easy Image Gallery
- SP Weather
- SP Tweet
Our Roadmap to Upgrade Our Templates and Extensions
Here’s JoomShaper’s plan for Joomla 4.
- Templates: Helix Ultimate Framework will be compatible with Joomla 4 from the launch date. We will be adding Joomla 4 compatibility of all Helix Ultimate Framework-based templates within a couple of months. (If there is no third-party extension dependency).
- Helix 3: After updating all Helix Ultimate-based templates, we will be updating the Helix 3 framework. And, Helix 3 based templates will be updated within 2021.
- All Other Joomla Extensions: All other Joomla extensions will be updated within the first half of 2022.
Joomla 4 Resources for Our Users
Joomla 4 is a major shift from its previous version. Upgrading to Joomla 4 can be painful if there are not enough guidelines or resources to handle unwanted issues carefully. This is why we are coming up with regular tips and tutorials focused on Joomla 4 so that you don’t experience any unwanted issues.
Here are some links to the resources that we have already published.
Our Guideline for Users to Upgrade to Joomla 4
There are some factors to have in mind before you upgrade your site to Joomla 4. We suggest you have the following things in mind for a smoother upgrade.
- First of all, check whether all of the extensions and templates installed on your site are Joomla 4 compatible
- Take a backup of your site
- Make sure you have the latest version of Joomla 3
- Update all of your Joomla templates and extensions before upgrading to Joomla 4. Otherwise, you may run into some unexpected issues.
We always want you to enjoy the latest technologies with our products. You already know that we regularly update our products. We hope our users will have a safe transition to Joomla 4 if they wish.