T4 Framework 2.1.3 is here. This new version is updated for the latest Joomla 4.1.0, Open Graph support, improved author feature and multiple bug fixes.
- Joomla 4.1.0 support
- Open Graph support
- Improved author feature
- Bug fixes
Open Graph support
Open Graph is an internet protocol that was originally created by Facebook to standardize the use of metadata within a webpage to represent the content of a page when sharing it on social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and more.
T4 Framework now supports Open Graph to help manage the looks of all content shared from your site. Show your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn streams easily on your site.
How it works:
T4 Framework allows adding of open graph information into site. Such information stored in meta tags can be then automatically displayed on social channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn.
Social sharing with defined Open Graph metadata
The Open Graph is implemented in T4 Framework core, it works with all T4 Templates such as JA Blockk, JA Rights without template upgrade.
1. Article details page
For article page, the metadata is generated based on:
- Metadata title: generated from article title
- Metadata description: generated from Meta description in the Metadata tab, if the field is empty, it gets article intro text.
- Image: generated from article full image field or article intro image or image in article full content.
2. Category pages
For category pages such as Category Blog, Category list, the Open Graph metadata is generated based on:
- Metadata title: generated from category title
- Metadata description: generated from Meta description in the Publishing tab, if the field is empty, it gets category description
- Image: generated from Image field in the Options tab.
3. Menu item
For all menu items, we added the tab “Open Graph” where you can define the Open Graph metadata, including:
- metadata type: type of metadata, such as: article, blog, video …
- metadata title
- metadata description
- metadata images
- Facebook: enable this option to generate Facebook Open graph metadata
- Twitter: enable this option to generate Twitter Open graph metadata
Improved author feature
Author is an important part of any blog, news & magazine website, and it’s still one of Joomla’s weaknesses. This has been improved with our Author-page solution includes author’s details page, author block in article details. Now you can easily build a multi-author blog, news & magazine website.
In the T4 Template style setting page, access the Site Settings > Author Setting.
1. Show author avatar
Select Yes to show the author avatar in category blog, article detail, Articles Category Module.
2. Configure author link
You can set author to link:
- Inherit from global configuration: get setting from menu setting where you can configure the link for author: To contact page or no link
- T4 Author page: to link the author to the in-built T4 author detail page
Joomla 4.1.0 support
Joomla 4.1.0 is a major update that sets new standards in accessible web design, child template for better override, imporved tasks scheduler, and more.
The Joomla Accessibility Checker: JOOA11Y
Jooa11y is an accessibility and quality assurance tool that visually highlights common accessibility and usability issues. Jooa11y identifies many errors or warnings and provides guidance on on how to fix them. Jooa11y is not a comprehensive code analysis tool – it exclusively highlights content issues:
- Over 50 test conditions.
- Free and open source.
- Included by default in Joomla 4.1
- Concise tooltips explain issues right on the page.
- Low tech: No complex API or integrations.
- Additional (toggleable) checks: Contrast, form labels, readability, links (Advanced).
- Dark mode.
To enable this, from back-end, go to System > Plugins > find the plugin Joomla Accessibility Checker, enable the plugin.
Select “Show Always” to show this option in front-end, but do it if you are developing website only as this option will be available to all users.
In back-end, when viewing an article, click the “Accessibility Checker” to check.
Or check it in front-end.
Know more about Joomla accessibility checker
And more amazing new features, improvements included in the new version:
- Child Templates to take overrides onto the next level
- Tasks Scheduler
- Syntax Highlighting in the integrated editor
- Inline Help
Joomla 4.1.0 announcement
- Fixed error notice in contact tab
- Improve the dark mode in Joomla 4
- Update language on Tagged items page in Joomla 4
- Fixed issue of button nav not working on Joomla 4.1
1. Using JA Extension Manager
Use JA Extensions Manager Component for upgrade. Watch video for how to upgrade using JAEM.
2. Direct installation
Download the latest version of the T4 Framework plugin from this page:
Download latest version of T4 framework →
From your website back-end, go to: Extension > Manage > Install and install latest version of T4 Framework plugin.