Good day, Joomlers! The journey toward SP Page Builder 4.0 has been incredible with all of your thoughtful feedback and constant support. And today, we’re dropping the RC version of your favorite Joomla page builder with new features and tons of final touches.
We wholeheartedly invite you to test the RC version in a staging environment and let us know how you feel about it.
Today’s (Apr 21th) RC version is an experimental release and not ready for production sites. We wholeheartedly appreciate your interest in SP Page Builder 4.0. You are invited to try this Beta version, but DO Not use it on a production site.
Please note this is an RC release. Feel free to experiment with the release on a staging site and gear up for the stable release as it is only an update away!
Let’s go through the changelog to find out what this update has in store.
SP Page Builder v4.0.0 RC Changelog:
- New: Added custom column generator feature
- New: Added a clear button to remove the selected font from the Typography font select box
- New: Added the option to save customized addon from the inline editor for addon reuse
- New: Option to add images from external URLs
- New: Added Multi-language support for sidebar editor and Saved Items section (Lite version)
- Update: Added CSS variable and RGBA support in Color Picker
- Fix: Column rename issue in layers panel for duplicated sections
- Fix: Option to Show Column not working once the column is hidden
- Fix: Testimonial Carousel addon avatar alignment issue in preview mode
- Fix: Button full width, top margin, and content shows HTML tags issue in Image Layout addon
- Fix: Duplicate key issue when saving a section
- Fix: Flip & Bounce animation fails to work in the Image Overlay addon in editor mode
- Fix: Default padding controller and background color issue in the editor
- Fix: Duplicate issue in multi-level nested Div addons
- Fix: Pricing Table addon title, price shows HTML tags
- Fix: Testimonials addon review text shows HTML tags
- Fix: Custom addon width issue in addon’s Advanced settings
- Fix: Default value issue (for Joomla 4) in the Access field of the toolbar Options
- Fix: Row Padding reset to 5px for nested rows
- Fix: Page becomes invisible when accordion section’s column is duplicated then deleted issue
- Fix: Slideshow addon custom height issue
- Fix: Default margin and border radius issue in addons
- Fix: Addon list not working when disabling all structure addons from the list
Create Custom Column Structure
A new custom column generator has been added in this update which was originally available in the SP Page Builder 3.x series. Now you can create a custom column structure simply by inserting your desired column structure and clicking on Generate.
Not only that you can also see and edit width percentage, change width by dragging, and access column settings right from the inline editor. We have also set the width to a minimum of 1 grid so that the columns do not disappear while reducing the width by dragging.
Use Images From External URL
With this update, you can also use images from external URLs on your site. Simply copy the URL of the image you want to use, and paste it into the input field to access the image.
Get Multi-lingual Support for Sidebar Editor and All Addons
Good news for people looking to make their site multilingual! SP Page Builder 4.0 now has multi-lingual support for the sidebar editor and all addons. Now you have the freedom to craft your Joomla site in your preferred language without having to manually translate all the items.
Miscellaneous Fixes & Improvements
Apart from adding new handy features, this bug-squashing update brings tons of fixes and improvements as well.
CSS variable and RGBA support: The color field now has CSS variable and RGBA support in SP Page Builder 4.0.
Easily save addons for reuse: We have added a button to save your customized addon for reuse right from the inline editor.
New button to clear the selected font: With this update, you’ll get the option to clear the font you’ve selected in the Typography font select box.
In this update, you’ll enjoy many fixes like the column rename issue in the layers panel for duplicated sections, the avatar alignment issue in the Testimonial Carousel addon, and more.
Please go through the changelog once again to find the full list of changes made in this update.
As we are only an update away from the final release, we are excited for you to embrace the ultimate page-building experience in Joomla with SP Page Builder 4.0. Test the RC version on your staging site and let us know what other bugs are still bothering you. We’re all ears!
Warning: This is an experimental build intended for testing purposes. Please don’t use this experimental version in production sites!
This RC version is an experimental release and not ready for production sites.
Try SP Page Builder Pro 4.0.0! (RC)Try SP Page Builder Lite 4.0.0! (RC)